O F Pack Update for August 2020 COVID-19 Stage 4 Restrictions- Melbourne, VIC.
August 6, 2020
In response to the latest Stage 4 restrictions put in place by the Victorian Government, O F Packaging would like to update our customers and suppliers on behalf of all our divisions.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have taken all necessary steps to ensure the safety and well-being of staff and help curb the spread of COVID-19. The systems and protocols O F Packaging have in place ensure our staff are protected, while allowing for continued supply to our clients with minimal impact.
Local Staff & Manufacturing Site
All staff that can work from home have been doing so throughout the pandemic, and this will continue during Stage 4 restrictions. Staff that remain at our manufacturing and distribution site have been following strict protocols, and in response to the latest restrictions these have been escalated to include the following:
• No warehouse access for any staff other than key warehouse operations employees
• All stock collection from site to follow strict contact-free protocols
• All warehouse staff are required to wear face masks at all times, and conform to regular hand sanitising procedures
• Routine deep-cleaning of our facility by an external organisation to ensure an optimal working environment
• Common touch point sterilisation by staff every 1.5 hours throughout the working day
• Introduction of check-point at the site gate to control and maintain our strict guidelines for entry
• All couriers and delivery drivers are required to adhere to site protocols; including proper use of face masks at all times, temperature checks before entry, log book signing for contact tracing, and provided with hand sanitiser for their personal use. Access is denied should any driver fail to comply with any of these protocols
• All customer meetings will continue to be conducted via telephone or video conferencing only
Supply & Logistics
As O F Packaging forms part of the food and pet food supply chain, it is largely business as usual and we see little disruption in the introduction of Stage 4 restrictions in comparison to the previous months. While we believe Logistics is widely managed during these restrictions in Victoria, we have been fore-warned that slight delays may occur throughout the state in certain circumstances as the restrictions do effect external postal and delivery company personnel. O F Packaging will continue to do what we can in order to help in these situations.
International air freight is likely to continue with the same challenges as have been present prior to Stage 4 restrictions, with limited incoming flights and an increased pressure for supplies of PPE taking priority over other cargo. In the coming weeks, we expect to see air freight costs increasing in reaction to the current COVID-19. September to December is typically peak period for both air and sea cargo demand, and this will no doubt add pressure to air freight availability during this time frame. At this stage, sea freight is not likely to be affected.
We wish everyone and their loved ones good health during this time, and encourage anyone requiring further information to contact us on: email@example.com